The Valeo™ Neighborhood – Memory Care in Berlin
Safe Environment and Comforting Care for those with Alzheimer’s and Dementia related illnesses
An intimate neighborhood benefiting individuals with various degrees of Alzheimer’s and Dementia related illnesses. Carefully trained staff assist residents in a program that caters to their individual needs. Residents can enjoy all the benefits of Gull Creek living in a safe and secure environment. The Valeo Neighborhood (formerly Treasure Cove) at Gull Creek features affordable private and companion memory care suites with tailored lifestyles to maximize independence in a secure environment.
Memory Care Support Services
- Intimate, secure neighborhood
- Nurturing atmosphere
- Specially designed activities for residents with Alzheimer’s and related disorders
- Freshly prepared meals and snacks
- Programs led by therapeutic recreation specialists and wellness staff to help maintain and enhance residents’ abilities
- Choice of studio or companion suite
- ADA equipped bathroom with heat lamp and safety bars
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Safety features including emergency call system and heat/smoke detectors
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and incontinence care
- All utilities including electricity, heat/air-conditioning, and basic cable (excludes telephone)
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service
- Scheduled transportation
- All inclusive wellness support services
- Registered nurse on call 24 hours per day
Memory Care Services at Additional Costs
- Additional housekeeping
- Personalized transportation services
- Guest meals in dining room
- Additional medical services available on site
- Tray service (delivery to your suite)
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Attendant to accompany resident to scheduled appointments
Contact us to learn more about our Maryland Memory Care Community.
Valeo Wellness Philosophy
Valeo is integrated into every aspect of care and service at Gull Creek. Customized to the individual’s needs, Valeo provides residents opportunities to thrive and have meaningful interactions through one-on-one activities, build relationships with others, and grow connections through positive approaches to socialization.
Respecting legacy is the core of Valeo. Our signature programs tap into the individual’s past and call upon and preserve their memories — not only for the resident, but for the entire family.
Every person’s life experiences and needs are unique, so our programs are adapted to the individual. We assess each resident’s interests and abilities, then build a personalized approach to create moments of joy. Each resident’s legacy and intellect is honored through our Valeo Signature Programs, which increase awareness, cognition and engagement; stimulate pleasant long-term memories; provide joy and pleasure; and decrease anxiety and agitation.
The Four Components of Wellness
The Valeo wellness philosophy centers on holistic care, maintaining and improving what is commonly referred to as the four components of wellness:
2. Social: Strengthening and developing existing and new relationships — both with people and pets
3. Intellectual: Performing creative, stimulating activities to re-ignite memories and preserve cognition
4. Spiritual: Reserving time to connect with one’s personal beliefs
Helping hands to help minds thrive.
Individuals who build a career at Gull Creek are filled with optimism and a genuine desire to help others. You don’t just work at Gull Creek — you care, motivate, and engage.
Our industry-leading training programs teach all staff — even non-clinically licensed employees such as operations, dining, or housekeeping — how to compassionately support the day-to-day needs of residents with memory impairments while finding ways to engage with them. Our methods and leadership give staff permission to slow down, make connections, and gain a deeper understanding of residents’ lives.
Every person on staff — from housekeepers to bookkeepers to the kitchen and wellness teams — are considered care providers in the Valeo Neighborhood and are trained to go above and beyond. Staff take time to truly get to know each resident, and work every day to create moments of joy. Employees are encouraged to blend personal interests and experiences with the lives of residents, lead group activities and interact on a regular basis. Residents have endless opportunities to stay engaged in positive experiences, yet can always find privacy and quiet time when they need it.
For the Valeo philosophy to achieve success, we encourage families to play a key role in engaging residents and rekindling joy and memories. Valeo is an opportunity to preserve the legacy and memories of family members for new generations.